Miss Landscape

Over the past 6 weeks, the Miss Landscape team have completed the construction of a large wildlife pond from start to finish. This project was designed, contracted and managed by myself (India) with the first stages of the build, in collaboration with Chapel Tool Hire who carried out the heavy-duty digging out of the pond layout and depths. 

In the design process, I worked with the client's brief of creating a wildlife habitat that will eventually become a place for pond life to thrive. In the planting scheme that I designed, I included all native plants that will grow as the pond begins to fill up in the wetter months - fingers crossed for some heavy rain!

Delivery of trees from Barcham Trees unloaded and positioned by the team at Miss Landscape with assistance from Chapel Tool Hire!

Progress photos from Judith and Alison's garden and drive. Here we are installing the linear pergola and the foundations for the path. Other changes that were made to this space was the extension of the driveway, alterations and creation of new beds. As well as the creation of the rear patio, fencing and lawn.

Alongside the main installations, there was a long list of extra maintenance work, such as resetting gateposts, washing lines, removal of walling stone, drainage and soak away, jet washing, and repointing the patio and replacing broken blocks on the drive. These are the final images of the project which was completed over the winter period, finished just in time for spring!

Here you can see the installation of raised vegetable beds for a regular client, using half round rails, JPR border mix and homemade garden compost.

These images are from the following spring after the beds have been filled and growth has begun.

Progress photos of the Grindleford project before the works began! More updated photos this spring after the new planting schemes have been put in place.

This small terrace patio was well in need of a facelift. The slabs were dirty and unlevel where the foundations had sunk, so the aim of the project was really to give the garden a general facelift. 

The plan here was to lift the slabs, pressure wash them and re-lay them on a new compacted foundation, fresh pointing and create an edging for the beds. 

While designing this garden, we had to take into account the seasonal strong winds accompanied by ground if mostly wet, clay soil. To enable the client to cultivate a wide range of plants, we built raised beds from timber sleepers with a built-in seat on the south side.

We used a range of different heights and lengths in the beds to create a more informal feel and a mixture of mature and young evergreen and deciduous trees and shrubs for creating height, structure and rhythm in the garden. 

This garden is one of my winter clearance jobs. It was very overgrown when we started so we set to work cutting back all the perennials and shrubs, removing weeds and brambles (taking care not to fall in the well!) before pressure washing all the paths, patios, steps and driveway. 


This is a patio that we completed that included levelling the site, raising a manhole cover and installing a new washing line and fence with gate leading to the lawn. We used a combination of new and old flags

Here we transformed a front yard by laying block paved area with a hard core drive, a flagstone path and level seating area. We layed concrede pads for the instalation of a waterbutt and a summerhouse and also built new gates and fences surrounding the front yard.  

This large garden hosts a beautiful rockery. although they look fabulous, rockeries are notoriously hard to maintain and keep free of weeds. This one was no exception! Before and after weeding all the grass out from between the rocks. 

Here we have an example of the work we do in terms of cultivation and crop growing. To the left is a raised bed I prepared and planted with raspberries for a client. To the right is a bed planted with a selection of dwarf sunflowers as a crop of cut flowers for a wedding.